Teen Yoga. Would you love your child to benefit from enhanced concentration, listening skills, attention span, physical well being, confidence and self esteem?
This workshop is aimed at educating teenagers about the principles of Yoga, both physically and mentally, so that they can use these practices in their everyday lives to become more healthy and learn valuable life skills to enhance their physical and emotional well being. This will be achieved by:
- developing body awareness and flexibility to support their current sports programmes
- injury prevention
- mindfulness, learning to become present and still
- relaxation exercises to decrease physical and mental tension through correct breathing techniques
- release endorphins and calm the nervous system
- improved sleep and immune system
Who is this for? Boys and girls ages 12-16
Who is my teacher? Jo Rees is accredited through Yoga Alliance and currently teaches both adult and children’s Yoga alongside her job as a primary school and SENCO teacher. She is fully DBS checked and her classes root in well-being and taking care of the mind and body in a fun and lighthearted way.
This is an opportunity for your teenager to come and see what Yoga has to offer and hopefully join us for a regular Teen Yoga class starting on Monday evenings from January 2020!
Jacqui@fit-shack.com | 07788 136630
Location: The Fit Shack, off Stratton Rd, Merton Park, SW19 3JG