We gather and use certain information about individuals in order to provide information to customers and to enable certain functions on this website. We also collect information to better understand how visitors use this website and to present timely, relevant information to them.
WHAT DATA WE GATHER
We may collect the following information:
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information, such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Website usage data
- Other information relevant to client enquirieS
HOW WE USE THIS DATA
Collecting this data helps us understand what you are looking for from the company, enabling us to deliver improved products and services. Specifically, we may use data:
- For our own internal records.
- To improve the products and services we provide.
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
- To customise the website for you.
- To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To keep you updated and informed about classes, courses or other events that are on offer.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
DATAPROTECTION AND SECURITY
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
EMAIL MARKETING & SUBSCRIPTION
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “Processing of your personal date” above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through Mailchimp, an email marketing service provider. Mailchimp is a third-party service provider of software / applications that allows us to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.
When you fill in a form or provide your details on our website, you will see one or more tick boxes allowing you to opt-in to receive marketing communications from us by email. If you have agreed that we can use your information for marketing purposes, you can change your mind easily, via one of these methods:
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Unsubscribe to email communications via the unsubscribe link of any email you receive from the Fit Shack
We will never lease, distribute or sell your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission, or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
LINKS FROM OUR SITE
Our website may contain links to other websites. Please note that we have no control of websites outside the www.fit-shack.com domain. If you provide information to a website to which we link, we are not responsible for its protection and privacy. Always be wary when submitting data to websites. Read the site’s data protection and privacy policies fully.